Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mother's Day Cards

I made matching Mother's Day cards for both our moms this year, although I did put different poems on the inside of each.

My inspiration card is here.


I tried something new for my sentiment.  Many months ago when I was at the large Michael's Arts and Crafts store near here, I found a starter set of Silhouette Sketch Pens.  These are designed to replace the cutting blade in my Silhouette Portrait.  I found a font I liked and after sketching my words, I cut them out using one of the dies in the Spellbinders Floral Ovals set.  I then used a larger Floral Oval die and cut it out of the purple cardstock.  1/4" Pop Dots were used to pop up both ovals.


For my background, I ran a piece of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Spellbinders M-bossabilities embossing folder, Mystic, using side B.


Right before mounting all of that on another piece of purple cardstock, I put a piece of silver ribbon around it, then tied a "cheater's bow" on one end.

It was fun to learn how to use the sketch pens, and I will certainly use them again!

No comments: