Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thinking of You

Today's card is a variation on the one I shared here.  It's the same size, and fits in a business sized envelope.


The background is a piece of patterned paper I had in my stash, which I cut slightly smaller so I had a border around it with a light purple cardstock.

Using my Cuttlebug, I cut one size from the Nested Lacey Pennants set by Spellbinders five times from white cardstock.  Then, from scraps of patterned paper, I cut five Nested Pennants (Spellbinders) and layered them on top of the Lacey Pennants after rounding the corners.

The small circles were cut using the smallest die from Spellbinders' Standard Circles Small set after I stamped either a flower (Avery Elle Simply Tags Christmas) or heart (Simon Says Stamp Pillow Talk).  I used Color Box ink in either Royal Silk or Sapphire Silk (both discontinued).

I used a piece of natural twine to create a "clothesline" to attach my pennants to.  The tiny birds are from a Memory Box die called Resting Birds.  Aren't they cute?

The sentiment is from Thinking of You Kite by Hero Arts.  The butterflies were punched using a really old punch I have in my collection.

No comments: