Monday, June 15, 2015

Praying for You

I just glanced out the window only to discover it's raining.  Again.  Since the 5th, we've had at least 6" - 7" of rain, usually accompanied by violent thunderstorms.  On Friday I went to an appointment, and learned upon arriving at the building that the power was out.  I decided to go to the home improvement store before returning home, and they were on generators.  It turns out a large section of town was without power, most likely because of water getting into the underground electrical cables.  Enough already!

Most of the cards I make are inspired by ones I find on the Internet via Pinterest.  The original for this one - which I copied almost completely - is found here.


I started by stamping two of the designs from Stampin' Up's Flowering Flourishes set on off-white cardstock using black ink.  I adhered this on a black piece of cardstock along with decorative paper from the Mirabelle paper pack by The Paper Studio.  For the divider between the top and bottom of the card front, I punched a strip of black cardstock using the Eyelet Lace punch by Martha Stewart.  Also from the black cardstock I cut two small rectangles, adding a ribbon edge to one end of each.  From off-white cardstock, I cut a wavy banner; I stamped my sentiment in black ink, curving it to fit the banner.  The sentiment is from the Joy for the Journey stamp set from Verve (no longer available).  The brad I used to attach the banners is from Stampin' Up!  Finishing the card are the pearls in the upper right corner are by Recollections (Michael's).



No comments: