Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More Hospitality

Still not much crafting going on here.  I did manage to sneak in some sewing time last weekend; a quick project that afforded instant gratification.  (I sure like those!)  I desperately need to work on my cross stitch.  It's been about four weeks since I've gotten together with my stitching friend due to illness, first her, then me.  Hopefully we'll connect this Thursday evening.

What has been occupying my time, though, is hospitality.  As I wrote in my last post, there's been only one guest, a wonderful young man who, as of a week ago, is courting our daughter, Grace.  Tonight I served what we have touted as our best meal:  spaghetti and meatballs.  Not just any meatballs, but my hubby's extraordinary ones!  I used the good china, something I ought to do more often, and lit candles.
 
I also served focaccia bread, jello, green beans, and sparkling grape juice.  For dessert, we had rainbow sherbet. 
Anthony will be here for dinner Wednesday night (I have to go out in the afternoon, so he and Grace will be making tacos), Saturday night, and Sunday!  I think he'll get pizza both weekend nights (two different crust recipes), although I have some ravioli in the freezer that I could serve.  I feel like I've gained another family member; the challenge is to serve one more person while not spending any more for groceries.


No comments: