Friday, November 27, 2009

"Heartfelt Harvey"

We shared Thanksgiving dinner with our Anthony's extended family.  It was a good opportunity to meet many of them - even though we'll never remember names - before we see them at the wedding.  I wanted to thank our hostess, Anthony's mom, for inviting us, so I stitched Heartfelt Harvey from the JCS 2008 Christmas Ornament issue.

The designer, Imaginating, Inc., called for red thread, but Anthony thought his mom would like purple, so I chose a deep purple DMC floss.  I finished Harvey as a flat fold, using Vonna's fantabulous instructions



This took me about three sessions to stitch.  I confess to having fudged in some spots, since I didn't have time to stop and figure out where I made mistakes. 

Anthony reported that his mom liked the gift.  Now to stitch one for myself.  In red, this time.

No comments: