Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Let It Snow"

The wedding sampler is supposed to be my stitching focus, but when I'm sitting in my recliner at night, trying to unwind from the craziness that seems to envelop every day, it's easier to work on a project that I can hold in my hand.  (I have the sampler on a scroll frame that fits into my lap stand, and it's awkward to position in the recliner.)  So I picked up Country Cottage Needleworks' Let It Snow, from the 2008 JCS Ornament Issue.  I am stitching this 1/2 on 28 count Monaco in the Tea color using DMC floss.  I found the fabric to be so tightly woven that two strands of floss looked heavy. 

The fabric is more yellow than I was able to make it, even by tweaking it in my photo editing software.

I have been looking at charts recently, and realized I am naturally drawn to winter designs.  I cannot figure out why, especially since winter is my least favorite season.  Of the six charts I recently purchased from 1-2-3 Stitch, half were winter designs.  Anyone else have the same problem?

2 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

Yep I have the same problem. I love the cute little snowmen, but hate stitching them cuz they are with white threads.lol I hate the cold weather,but the love of winter scenes is silly for me too.lol Looking great by the way

Michelle said...

I did this ornament last month and love it! It was a fun stitch.. Stay warm and enjoy.