Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Card

You guessed it - I have yet another card to share with you!  I love how this card came out, and more importantly, the recipient - my son-in-law's mother - appreciated that it was handmade. 



To create the purple background paper, I tried a new technique - Letterpress with Impressabilities - using the Spellbinders Flourish Impressabilities, which I inked with Wisteria by Impress and then ran through my Cuttlebug.  It took me two tries to get an even impression, I think because of the poorer quality of the cardstock I chose.  Using the same ink, I stamped Happy Birthday by Stampin' Up!, then cut it out using Nestabilities Labels 5.  I created the bow with my Bow Easy and affixed it to my diagonally-placed yellow ribbon with a glue dot.

Here is the video from Stamp TV which shows how to do the letterpress technique.


No comments: