Friday, May 6, 2011

Birthday Card

Things have continued to be difficult around our home, although we are hopeful things are looking up.  My husband had a bad reaction to the new chemo drug, which caused terrible pain and suffering.   (The condition is called Hand-Foot Syndrome, but Phil developed it under his arms from the crutches, on his hands, a small patch on his stomach, and one other place.   It looked like a horrible sunburn, which is now peeling.  You can see a picture of what his hands now look like on Wikipedia.)  Thankfully, he is on the mend, although the oncologist says it will be another two or three weeks before he is completely healed.  Needless to say, he will not be receiving any more of the drug.  And he's still wearing the immobilizing boot for his foot problem and must continue to stay off his feet as much as possible. 

This weekend, I am also off my feet, following my (I think) fourth Synvisc injection in my knee, so I thought I should try to catch up on blog posts.  First up is a birthday card I made for my mom, whose birthday was at the beginning of April.







I used another Stamp TV technique called Watercolor Spritz.  I will embed the video at the end of this post.  I chose to use watercolor paper, even though in the video it says you don't have to, since I didn't have any heavy white cardstock.  Here's my card recipe:

Stamp:  Vintage Labels by Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Memento Bamboo Leaves, Impress dye ink in Wisteria
Markers:  Impress markers in #7 - Pansy & #12 - Spring Green
Nestabilities:  Labels 4 & 8, Fancy Tags



No comments: