Friday, September 23, 2011

Finished!


The final stitches were put into Primitive Betty's Sunflowers 'N' Crows the other night.  What a fun little stitch that I can't wait to finish finish!  I think I'll make a pillow; maybe tomorrow I can look through my fat quarters and see if I have something appropriate to use.  


The picture is a little dark, but I used 28 count Carolina Linen by Charles Craft.  It's an Aida but with the feel of linen.  The color is Sand.

The stitches came out of my fingers on Tuesday afternoon and while they were tender at first, I can now type with only a bit of discomfort.  The doctor said it would take up to a year for them to feel as normal as they ever will, given my fibromyalgia.  Every time I think about my accident, I am thankful anew that it wasn't worse.  If anyone missed the story, you can catch up here.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yes...FM does make us heal so slowly. They told me that if I had my operation on my back I might not recover fully at all. That is why I choose the radioactive therapy over surgery on my thyroid. I was not willing to take the risk which includes my RSD coming back and in my neck if I had done it. I am glad you are feeling less discomfort now.

I love your little stitched piece. Great job!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi