Friday, December 30, 2011

Encouragement Card

A woman at our church was recently diagnosed with the same cancer my husband has.  She's been having a difficult time because the cancer is eating away at her bones, a problem Phil hasn't had, and had surgery to deal with some of the damage right after Thanksgiving.  I finally sat down and made her a card to encourage her, which I sent shortly before Christmas.





The patterned paper is by K & Company.  I love the pink and green combination!  The Scripture verse is by Verve Stamps, which I stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink ; I cut the two layers out with Spellbinders Classic Squares Small.  Here's where I started having fun:  I purchased Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Accents which I used elements of under the squares, around the circle medallion, and under the ribbon.  The medallion in the circle is from my go-to Go Baroque set by Stampin' Up!, which I stamped with clear embossing ink and embossed with gold powder.  The ribbon came from Stampin' Up!, which I purchased as part of a clearance sale.  Finally, the bling is some I picked up at A. C. Moore.

1 comment:

LeeAnn from NC said...

Very pretty and elegant card, Ginny. I'm sure she appreciated encouragement from someone who has had a similar experience.