Sunday, January 1, 2012

In her Dear Friends letter in the latest issue of Sew Beautiful magazine (issue No. 140), Martha Pullen included the words to a song by Frances Ridley Havergal, which she wrote in 1874.  The tune to which it is commonly sung is by Samuel S. Wesley; you can hear it here.

At this time when many will be making resolutions and setting goals for 2012, I want this to be my prayer.  I want this to be a year of living for my Lord and fulfilling His desires for me, not focusing on a bunch of goals I might pull out of thin air. 

Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee.
Another year of progress, another year of praise,
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.

Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace,
Another year of gladness in the shining of Thy face;
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of service, of witness for Thy love,
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in Heaven, another year for Thee.


No comments: