Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Card


Another birthday card, this time for my sister-in-law.  And another card whose inspiration came from a card I pinned on Pinterest



This card afforded me the opportunity to use scraps.  I went through our scrap box, pulling out nearly all the patterned paper pieces which I thought were large enough for my card, and then I sorted through until I ended up with four which went together reasonably well.  After cutting the pieces to widths that seemed to be close to those of the original card, I estimated the lengths, then cut the "tails" as you would ribbon.  Finally, I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  They were all applied flat to the card.  The sentiment is by Stampin Up! (set unknown) and was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink (a new favorite), which I again sponged with Vintage Photo.  This was also applied flat.  To finish the card, I added a rhinestone flourish from Recollections (available at Michael's). 

This was a fun card to put together.  My only regret is not writing down the lengths and widths of the focal pieces.  I can see using this layout for many different types and styles of cards.

No comments: