Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cards

Before my husband went into the hospital for his stem cell transplant (he's doing really well, BTW), I made a bunch of cards.  Three different designs, but multiple cards, just in different color combinations.

For the birthday and thank you cards, I began with this design, which I originally found on Pinterest.  It lent itself to scraps, so I began by going through our scrap box, pulling out all the pieces which might work.  I then paired them together.  Here's some of what I came up with.


The top is a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The ribbon is from my stash.  I found the star brads in the cupboard; it's been a long time since I used brads! 


Here are two of the feminine cards.  The heart on top of the ribbon is from the Decorative Photo Corners set by Spellbinders. 



 

 These thank you cards are the same idea.  A Cuttlebug embossing folder for the top, decorative paper on the bottom.  The decorative motif is from Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Accents.

The thank you notes have all been sent - except for one - but I still have plenty of the birthday cards.

No comments: