Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Outfit for Julia, my 3-year old niece

I've just put the finishing touches on a new outfit for my niece, Julia. She loves purple, so whenever I sew for her, I try to find purple fabric. The pattern is "Strawberry Kiss" from "Australian Smocking and Embroidery" issue #77. It's not my best work - I learned that it's very important to read and follow ALL instructions, especially when pleating for smocking. I neglected to break the pleating threads on the back of the shirt where the placket goes . . . I had a terrible time securing the smocking and then cutting the placket after it was finished! The front, however, came out fine; who looks at the back? I hope Julia will enjoy her new outfit!

1 comment:

CandlebyNight said...

O that outfit is sooo cute!!!! Wonderful Job.
I just added you to my favorites. I hope you don't mind if I scan your blog for ideas. Beautiful work.