Sunday, November 2, 2008

Latest Craft Project

Here's my latest craft project. I started with a piece of pre-cut pine from Lowe's - nominal size 3-1/2" x 24" long x 5/16" thick. I cut a bit off each end to square it up, then sanded, primed, and painted it with a white enamel paint.
The three knobs are for cupboards. I had wanted to use clear, antique-looking knobs, but at $5.00 each, I couldn't justify the cost on our limited budget, so I settled for these white ones with gold around the outside edges. The pieces of cork were 3" squares I found at JoAnn's; I cut one in half, so each end has 1-1/2 pieces, which I hot glued to the board.

The three hanging pockets are from the book Sew Pretty Homestyle. I am thinking of making fabric covered thumbtacks using this tutorial.
My hanging organizer board hangs below the window next to my recliner in the bedroom.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

What a great idea! You did a wonderful job on that. BRAVO!

btw, I featured your blog on my blog this week!

~~Deby said...

love it...great job
Deby