Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This and That

Yes, I am still here.  Yes, I am still working on the infamous wedding sampler.  I'll have another good stitching session tonight while we watch Lost.  (We are secretly glad this is the last season!)

I have been doing a lot of what Callie is doing in this picture.  Over two weeks ago, I came down with a nasty cold, and I can't quite get over it.  I am so very tired, to the point that I can hardly drag myself out of bed, get dressed (and all that goes with that), shuffle downstairs, do a few chores, make dinner, and collapse.  This has to get better!

The bridal shower invitations that I mentioned in my last post are on the stamping table.  I am doing about 28 of them.  The die cuts (Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One) are finished - I discovered that I can cut three layers of thin cardstock at the same time with my Cuttlebug, and as an added bonus, they come out dry embossed!  There are two sizes, so 56 in all.  In order to stamp the words "Bridal Shower!" on the smaller of the die cuts, I made a template for positioning my StampaLiner (I don't even know if these are still available!), which worked very well.  Similarly, I made a positioning template for my scroll stamp.  Today, I hope to get a little monkey stamped on the inside - Grace loves monkeys, almost as much as she loves Anthony, and I thought it would be a cute addition to the otherwise formal invitation, something personal.  Then Sarah will help me assemble the invitations.  They need to be mailed by Saturday.

I do apologize for the lack of pictures.  I should put my camera somewhere that I can remember to take it downstairs with me.  You know how it is . . .

By the way, if you are not familiar with Pandora Internet Radio, you should be!  It allows you to create a custom radio station, playing music that you like.  I have created several stations, one that plays Christian music, and another that plays classical.  If you don't like a selection, you let them know.  There are brief commercials every ten or so songs, but they are unobtrusive.  The TV is on a lot less in the late evening, and I am filling my thoughts with the things of the Lord before I go to bed.  What a great way to go to sleep!

No comments: