Monday, May 10, 2010

Wedding Preparations 3

It's been a long time since I've done anything with silk flowers, so making the corsages and boutonnieres has been time-consuming.  But the corsages are finished, and I am relatively pleased with them.

This is the corsage for Anthony's mom.  It is a wrist corsage.








My corsage is also a wrist corsage.  It was difficult to get a picture with the thing on my own wrist!  The flowers coordinate nicely with my dress.
Did you notice that both corsages have the white rose?  I thought that would tie them together nicely.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How pretty the both are :) My Mama and I did all the flowers for the attendants, family, church and reception for my wedding too. It brings me so many happy memories remembering doing all that together. I had a beautiful wedding and I know your daughter will too!

annelize said...

They are really pretty. You must be very patient to shape them so nicely.

I've never seen wrist corsages before. I don't know if we have them in the UK - it's so long since I've been to a wedding, or known someone getting married, that I'm out of touch with the current trends. A "bridal shower" was new to me, too.

As you won't be able to give your readers a piece of wedding cake will you post a photo of the piece you would have given us, so we can imagine how good it tastes?! :)