Saturday, July 31, 2010

Drapes!

In my last post, I mentioned that I made drapes for Anthony & Grace's apartment.  I was able to get some pictures of them tonight. 

This was my first time  making drapes.  I used blackout lining, which I quickly discovered is VERY heavy, and made the drapes difficult to maneuver.  They are about 81" long, and approximately 44.5 inches wide.  Since they attack to the curtain rod with clips, I did not sew a rod pocket, although there is just enough room in the top hem to do a narrow one in the future if needed.  The fabric is "Pen Pal" from Jo-Ann Fabrics.
I couldn't resist including the monkey in the last picture.  I'm sure I've mentioned before that Grace loves monkeys and has them all over the apartment, in her car, and in their study.  Secretly, I love looking for new and unusual monkey items to give her!

No comments: