Sunday, July 17, 2011

Buttons & Pins

Last August, when we went on vacation, I started Buttons & Pins by Blackbird Designs.  Like so many cross stitch projects I do, I found I immediately started making mistakes which I have to take out.  (Now you know why it takes me so long to finish anything!)  I set the project aside for a long time because I was having trouble with the satin stitching in the diamonds around the outside, probably because I used 28 count fabric instead of the 32 count that was recommended.  After much trial and error, I decided to simply cross stitch inside them; I am happy with the result.  All I have left to do is sew some buttons in the space between the diamonds on the left side, then follow the wonderful instructions and turn the piece into a pincushion.  I will be stuffing it with the recommended walnut litter, which I purchased at PetSmart.

No comments: