Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Fabric

My daughter usually does the weekly shopping for me, something her dad and I appreciate greatly.  But occasionally, I do it, or we will do it together.   That is what we did last week.  The problem is that I will always deviate from my written list and spend more money than I intended.  But what else can I do when I find an outstanding bargain?  This time, I wanted to look in the fabric department for some vintagey fabrics, and while I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, I did find this:



It was marked down 30%, making it $3.50 per yard, and the bundle contains 2 yards composed of eight fat quarters.  The nice thing is that I don't have to make sure they all coordinate.  My plan is to make a purse from them.

I also found this:


which consists of 24 - 2.5" x 42" pieces.  The prints are the same ones in the fat quarter bundle.  I am not sure what I will make from these.  Perhaps I'll try my hand at a small quilt; since the pieces are already cut, and cutting is my biggest challenge, I might actually be successful.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Very lovely fabric! Looks like a good deal to me.