We broke a record on Thursday - 98 sultry degrees. It rarely gets that hot here! I decided that tackling a sewing project after dinner would be a good way to stay cool.
Sarah asked for a new lunch bag, so a couple of weeks ago, I started sewing one. I kept asking myself when the lining should be added . . . turns out it was step two, and I was nearly done when I realized that. So off came the pockets and straps. With a little fudging, I got the lining sewn on and the bag completed.
The pattern is Simplicity 3822, View B. I used purchased bias binding instead of making my own.
For the lining, we bought vinyl tablecloth yardage, an economical alternative to oilcloth or similar waterproof fabrics.
I will make some type of zipper pull, either beaded or a machine embroidered tag, depending on what Sarah wants.
Too bad Sarah's job is ending in a couple of weeks. But maybe when she gets another job she'll be taking her lunch, too.