Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Other Side of the Paint Can

It took a mere two days for me to paint the entire bedroom! I had planned on at least three, but things obviously went much faster than I had anticipated, presumably because there was plenty of room to move around. I am so pleased with the result, but then, almost anything would look better than the dirty off-white the builder used.

Here are a couple of before pictures. The wall color looks darker than it actually was.
And the result:
The window wall is the only one that's blue I know it looks purple in the pictures, but it's Valspar's "Prairie Sky". The other three walls are Valspar's "Homestead Resort Buff."

I need to move the rest of the books and decorations back into the room before the girls return from their vacation with my parents either late Friday or sometime Saturday, although I'm not in a hurry to redecorate.

Did I mention how thrilled I am with the outcome of this project?






4 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I have several painting projects to do. You did a great job. Wonderful when it take less time than you thought. I will have to check out that blue. I am looking for a pale blue to paint one of our bedrooms. You and your husband are in my prayers. Jackie

J-ME said...

Hi Ginny, the room looks great. It amazes me that you are able to tackle a room by yourself and you make it seem so easy!

Michelle said...

Great job! The color you picked is peaceful~perfect!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the room finished sooner than anticipated! It looks pretty :)