Today was the day to begin the decorating project in the powder room. I had planned to do some painting - the window and door frames, but decided upon closer inspection that the baseboards needed to be done, too. The off-white paint that the builder used in our house is awful, and I have to say that the painter didn't do the best job. I managed to do two coats of paint (the same nearly-white color I used for the upper portion of our entry way) and remove the painter's tape, then I rolled on the wall size. I love doing the wall size, as I can be as sloppy as I want! To our chagrin, the builder glued the mirrors on the bathroom walls, or perhaps put them up while the paint was wet. In any case, the large mirror over the vanity is solidly on the wall, and unless I want to try prying it off and then dealing with the mess it'll make of the wall, I just have to work around it. I'm thinking of using stock molding to make a frame around the mirror. I like the idea below of using the rosette blocks in the corners; they eliminate the need to do miter cuts.
The wallpaper and border I am using was originally purchased for our previous home, but I never got around to putting it up. They are Donna Dewberry prints. This is the wallpaper:
And here is the border:
We purchased a nice stock molding to do a chair rail around the room, which the border will go on top of. I think the room will be nice when it is completed, well worth the pain that I will be in from my fibromyalgia for using my arms so much. I will try to get the camera from DD Sarah and take some pictures of my progress.