I am pleased to say that I finished Garden Pleasures on Thursday evening. I have a picture, but since the mouse I use with the laptop, on which I write my blog posts, is suffering from a nearly severed wire, making it difficult to use, I will have to upload the picture using my desktop computer. Soon?
The powder room project is coming along slowly. I confess that the wallpapering job is probably the worst I have ever done; the paper didn't seem to have a lot of paste on it, making it very difficult to work with. One spot will require actual wallpaper paste since it didn't stick. I did get the border up underneath the paper, and we put up one piece of chair rail. We decided to limit the border to the walls with paper, although we will continue the chair rail on the other walls. I decided to paint the other walls, and found nearly a gallon of a light pink paint and a quart of a darker pink in our stash, so I combined them to get a nice shade. It wasn't my first choice, but we really didn't have $25 for a gallon of paint, so we did the frugal thing. I hope we can get the rest of the chair rail up today, then I can do some touch up painting, wash the floor, and clean the sink and vanity. We finally got the door back on the room, so no more running upstairs every time someone needs to use the toilet!
I will be glad to have this project behind me. The next one will be painting the upstairs hallway. Nothing fancy. It sounds, well, refreshing!