Sunday, April 27, 2008

Update on Phil

Phil's surgery went very well. The time was changed to 4:30 pm, but it was 5:40 before he was wheeled into the operating room. The surgeon came to the waiting room just before 7:00 to let us know that everything went well and he had found just what he expected. My poor hubby's abdomen looks like a pincushion, with the original three incisions, four new ones, and the exit site for his dialysis catheter!

Phil is in pain, and takes his pain meds regularly; he is also very tired, as is to be expected after general anesthesia, surgery, and continuing chemo treatments. He will resume dialysis treatment Sunday night. We are holding off using his automated cycler machine until, probably, Monday. It's good that he has a lot of residual kidney function so that we don't have to worry too much about him not receiving dialysis for so long.

Sarah and I spent out time in the waiting room on Thursday night working on our needlework. I am working on Country Garden by Blackbird Designs. I am loving the variegated threads, especially the pink. This is my first project by Blackbird Designs. I do have some pictures to share, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

~~Deby said...

Praise the Lord Ginny..
I am sure this has been a long haul.
Deby