Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

These two little guys seem to be oblivious to the cold. I wish I shared that with them! It's something like 9 degrees F (-13 C), a mere two degrees warmer than it will be come daylight. However, Wednesday night, it will be -7 F (-22 C), so this is almost a heat wave!

I've started a mystery cross stitch project, about which I cannot even give any hints or show any pictures. I'll be alternating with other projects, I'm sure, so I'll try to keep things as interesting as possible here!

Today I worked on a crocheted scarf that didn't get finished in time to give Grace as a Christmas gift. I based it on a scarf she already has, but which is falling apart. It's finally long enough, so I'm working on weaving in all the loose ends, which are in abundant supply. I am toying with the idea of doing some sort of edging along the long sides; I will also make loads of fringe. When it's completed, I'll get Grace to model it for the camera.

I hope you're keeping warm, wherever you are!

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Brrr!!! That is some serious cold! I hope you'll stay bundled up!

J-ME said...

Hey Ginny, It's cold here now too. -10F this am when I left for school. Hmmm.... I wonder what you are cross stitching???!!