Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shawl Completed

The snow has arrived. We're expecting 7" - 12" by late Wednesday night! And just in time, I completed my shawl tonight. The pattern is from the book, The Prayer Shawl Ministry: Reaching Those In Need. I did make it larger than the pattern called for; I ended up using six skeins of Lion Brand Jiffy yarn in Navy. The pattern needed four skeins of Lion Brand Homespun for a total of 680 yards; I used just short of 810 yards. Here are some pictures of the finished project, including a close-up of the edge treatment:
Come laundry day, I will run this through the wash to soften it up a bit.

I am already thinking about making another one of these in softer, more muted colors, probably a variegated yarn.

Also on my agenda is this lovely afghan from Herrschners, for which I bought the kit in blue.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

What a BEAUTIFUL shawl and the color is so pretty! I love the kit you bought from Herrschners. What a glorious afghan. I can't wait to see your progres on it!