The sewing bug hit me on Sunday. Or rather, the desire for a new purse caught up with me, so I sat down to finish my newest Miranda Day Bag. (You can see my other versions here.)
I found the fabric on one of my trips to Hobby Lobby. As so often happens, I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted, but couldn't find fabric to fit my image.
Although I've made this bag twice before, some of the instructions made little sense to me today. I guess I was just tired. The one part of the bag I am not pleased with at all is the flap. I'm now thinking that on the other bags, I used interfacing instead of batting, thus eliminating the bulk that I couldn't sew through very easily. Once I stitched it, though, I didn't want to do it again, so I just left it. After the bag was assembled, I decided to take another look through my button box for some accent buttons, which you can see I did indeed find. I think it adds a nice finishing touch. (I was just thinking that, with advance planning, machine embroidery could be done on the flap, too.)
Here's a shot of the inside. I've been having problems with the stitching on the pockets ripping out, so I made sure to stitch back and forth at the top of each pocket section several times.
I'm looking forward to using my new bag when I take Phil to his doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Until then, I'll try to stay cozy and warm at home. I think there are more dishcloths in my immediate future . . .