Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fast Stitching!

I finished The Red Thread Snowman from Bent Creek's Snapper series tonight! Another fast stitch. (Sarah still has the camera, so no picture yet.) I'm thinking that it's my fault that we're having a snowstorm all weekend. If only I'd chosen not to stitch that snowman! But he's been calling to me for a while, and I couldn't resist; after all, I collect snowmen. (Note to self: post photos of all my little guys and gals!)

Since spring fever is beginning to settle upon me, I thought the next project should be bright and cheery, so I decided on Finger Lakes Sampler by Brightneedle. We are a mere 40 minutes from one of the Finger Lakes (so named because they look like fingers, being long and narrow.) I am stitching it on 28 count Monaco evenweave; the color is antique white. I'm using the suggested colors from Weeks Dye Works and Needle Necessities (which are now manufactured by Threadworx), and am stitching it 1 over 1. I think this will be challenging! I'm thinking that if it comes out nicely, I will stitch another one for my in-laws, who live on Keuka Lake, one of the finger lakes.

On Thursday, I made myself a new tote bag from a shabby chic fabric I purchased on clearance some time ago. It has large pink roses on it. I love it as it's so springy! For now, I'm using it for my cross stitch.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh that Finger Lakes sampler will be beautiful - I just love Brightneedle!