Sunday, March 23, 2008

Housekeeping

The vacuum cleaner came out of the closet this afternoon, and the downstairs got cleaned. Except for the kitchen, which is my husband's responsibility. (I could have done it, but why shouldn't Phil have the satisfaction of a job well done?) I also decided it's time to put the snowmen away and pull out the spring and summer decorations, as spring fever has hit me hard. I hope to work on that task this week, in between Phil's appointments.

Last night, I finished my flat fold. The braid I put around the stitched piece covers the part that didn't turn out well. Phew! And as usual, I don't have pictures because someone (can you say "Sarah"?) has the camera. We've got to get that girl one of her own!!

I had purchased two tubes of assorted coordinating beads at JoAnn's, and I made two scissor fobs with them. They're not fancy, but one especially is very springy.

The other thing I did this evening was to pull out several more stitched pieces for small finishes. One I will make into a tucked pillow, but I'm not sure about the other two. I will explore the finishes listed here for possibilities.

My Finger Lakes Sampler is coming along very slowly. Stitching 1 over 1 is tedious for me. This piece has constant color changes and a lot of counting, making it go even slower. I think it'll be nice when it's finished, if I ever get there!

No comments: