Monday, May 12, 2008

Hoping for a Better Week

This is my 100th post! When I started my blog back on September 6 of last year, 100 seemed so far away.

It's been a tough week. I learned I now have arthritis in both my knees; my right knee developed it back in 1993. I also spoke with my doctor about my worsening depression, and I am now trying an anti-depressant, hoping it will work. I think everything has just caught up with me, and I am unable to handle it. And Phil seems to be tired most of the time now. It's difficult enough to recover from surgery, but going through chemo on top of that is awful. We expect blood test results sometime this week, but the oncologist told us that the numbers probably won't show any improvement, and may even be up again, as Phil had only three treatments before these tests.

Despite these things, I have done a bit of cross stitch. Floral Needlerolls is coming slowly; I am having trouble seeing the darker fabric. I also started Dear Friend by Elizabeth's Designs, which I will finish as a pinkeep for our Thursday night stitching buddy. I will probably make another one for a good friend.

Sarah and I went shopping on Saturday. One of our stops was JoAnn Fabrics, where I got fabric to make a shirt, a pair of capris, and a pair of culottes. I need to have a cutting out session, not something I enjoy.

This week promises to be rainy and cool, but we are hoping to go to the Lilac Festival on Thursday after Phil's chemo, provided it's not pouring rain. As of tonight, they are predicting a "few showers", which doesn't sound bad. I desperately need to get out and do some gardening, but it looks like Tuesday or Wednesday might be the only possible days out of the next 10! (This rain is more like April than May. But that's the way our springs have been for the last I-don't-know-how-many years.)

No comments: