Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Monday

Today ended up being somewhat productive. I did three loads of laundry (still need to wash my comforter), changed the sheets on my bed and put on the summer quilt, and put up two shelves in my laundry "room" (more like an alcove.) We used Closet Maid shelving, cutting a six foot piece into two. My laundry room is part of our powder room - closed off by bifold doors - and is just large enough for a washer and dryer side by side. We purchased a stacked washer and dryer, so I have room for a little cart on which I keep my detergent, iron, bleach, and the like. I also have a Closet Maid basket system that I use for sorting my laundry. What I lacked was a good system for storing my hangers; I had put a tension rod between the wall and dryer, but it had a tendency to fall down randomly. Enter the shelving, which allows me to hang the hangers, and gives me storage. I need to purchase one more package of wall clips for the upper shelf, then I can put things on it. First to go up there are my extra laundry baskets, which formerly lived on top of the washer/dryer.

Mary Katherine at eHandcrafts Stitching Room posted pictures taken with her new Kodak Easy Share camera. I am amazed at the clarity of the closeups! I told Phil that we ought to consider giving Sarah our old camera (a Fuji Fine Pix, which was top-rated at the time we bought it) and purchasing a new one for ourselves! I have a feeling there'd be some sharing no matter what we do.

No comments: