Thursday, June 5, 2008

Where has the week gone? Oh, yeah. Two trips to the hospital - one for Phil's oncologist, and the other for chemo today. (Good news! Phil's doctor has cut his chemo down to once every two weeks, feeling confident that Phil's counts will be down when they come in next week) After both afternoon appointments, we ran errands. On Wednesday, I was able to plant some flowers and do some other garden work. As I turned over the rocks ringing the side garden to pull up the landscape fabric underneath it, this is what I found:Sugar ants! Hundreds of them. Then they started crawling up my arms. And if that wasn't bad enough, some of them bit me! The more rocks I turned over, the more ants I found, so Sarah suggested getting the Raid, which we did. I sprayed and sprayed until the can was empty, and most of the ants were dead. I wanted to change the shape of the garden anyway, so those rocks will not go back into position!

Phil and I went to Goodwill after chemo today as I was looking for a denim skirt to replace the one that I got rid of when I lost weight. I actually found one, and a belt to go with it, since it's just a tad big. I also spotted a large rectangular basket - probably big enough for newspapers - for $2.99, so I picked it up. We can always use baskets for storage.

Tomorrow we're having company for dinner, the first time in what seems like forever. I've planned a simple menu: spaghetti and ready-made (frozen) meatballs, vegetable, green salad, Butter Dips (from an old Betty Crocker cookbook) and dessert, which Sarah will make.

We're entering a heat wave, complete with high humidity and the threat of thunderstorms. We broke down tonight and turned on the air conditioning, and it's comfortable in the house, so we all should sleep well. It was not fun vacuuming in the heat tonight.

I hope to get in some stitching time over the weekend. Or maybe I'll work on sewing the capris and split skirt I cut out last night. Oh, and I should finish cutting out the two shirts that are on the cutting table.

Guess I won't be bored!

1 comment:

staci said...

Congrats on the good news from the oncologist, hugs :)