Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blouse Project

With the weather turning cooler, I decided I should sew together my latest Casablanca Blouse. This is the fifth time I've made up this particular pattern! I really don't need any more clothes, but one day when I was at JoAnn Fabrics I spotted this fabric (which I believe is a linen or linen look) and just had to have it, especially since it was, as I recall, 40% off, making it affordable.
This blouse is so comfortable, although I do find them too warm for me to wear in the summer since I have a hard time cooling down, due probably to my fibromyalgia. Perhaps someday I'll make the long-sleeved version, which would be nice for church or those relatively warmer winter days.

Here's a close-up so you can see the fabric. If you look hard enough, you can also see one of the buttons just below the "V".

1 comment:

~~Deby said...

oh...love this top...I am looking for a pattern...pullover...no buttonsm zippers...darts...something easy...that I could make a dozen of...for everyday...
any ideas?....must be extra extra large at the moment.
~~Deby