Friday, August 14, 2009

What I'm Doing These Days

Summer heat and humidity have arrived in western New York!  Although we have yet to see 90 degrees, we'll get close this coming weekend.  I sure appreciate our air conditioning.

So how have I been spending my time?  There are the usual chores:  laundry, cooking, cleaning.  And the inevitable doctor's appointments for my husband.  Still, I make time to work on my cross stitch mystery project every night, usually for several hours.  The finished size of this design is 11" x 11", and nearly there are precious few squares which have no stitching in them.  I am making progress, though, and seem to have found a rhythm, which I was doubtful about at first.

I've also been doing some work with silk flowers.  It's been many years since I've played with any, and I'm finding it tedious, but rewarding.

This little guy showed up at our front door the other night.  He's so cute!

 
See, he's waving!

 
  
 
Keep cool!

No comments: