Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Of Sickness and Snow

There are pictures on my camera, waiting to be downloaded to my computer, edited, then uploaded to the Internet and shared with you.  Sadly, that will have to wait, as I am fighting a stomach virus.  I have no desire to get out of bed and be even colder than I am already.  The pictures will have to wait.

We are expecting a major snowfall, dubbed a "snow hurricane" by the local newspaper, although I see now that they've changed the headline.  Depending on who you listen to, or choose to believe, we can expect anywhere from 6" - 15" of heavy wet snow between early Thursday and Friday afternoon, with a couple more inches through Saturday.  This is the biggest storm of the season for us; the snow we've received so far has come in small amounts for the most part.  I am praying that Grace's class for tomorrow night is canceled so I don't have to drive her to school and deal with the snow.  Winter driving is not one of my favorite activities, especially in rush hour traffic.

Keep warm, and happy stitching!
 

2 comments:

annelize said...

Get well soon! I'll be thinking of you with my fingers crossed that the snow isn't as bad as forecast. Hang in there!

Carolyn McNeil said...

You must live close to or in upstate New York - we're expecting a snow storm tonight as well. Oh well, more time to craft and stitch...
Happy Stitchin'...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…