Friday, January 7, 2011

Thank You Cards

There are many card sketches available on the Internet (do a search for "card sketches", isn't that brilliant?) and after seeing some cards inspired by several of them, I decided to try to find ones I wished to try my hand at.  Since I have thank you's to write for Christmas gifts, it seemed a great time to put the two together.

This first card is simple.  I paired a blue piece of cardstock with a piece of patterned paper, separated the two with a piece of ribbon, then added a stamped "Thank You" and a flower from the Spellbinder's Flower Bouquet Shapeabilities set (which was a Christmas gift from daughter Sarah).




This next card took me several days to create.  I started with the patterned paper, then chose other colors by matching them to those in the patterned paper.  I ended up with three nearly full-size layers, each successive one being 1/8" small than the previous one.  Underneath the "stripes" on the bottom part of the card, I placed a bit of the Fancy Scalloped Border Spellbinders' Pierceability.  (Another gift from Sarah.)  The bow I tied with my Bow Easy.  To finish it off, I cut two layers with my Spellbinders Labels Eleven.  The finishing touch is three large pearls in the upper left corner.





 
I LOVE this card.  Even though it was a lot of work, it was worth it.

I will leave you with some pictures of Crazy Cassie after one of her crazy spells.

(Isn't she just the prettiest little kitty you've ever seen?)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What an extra thank you to send someone as you put so much into making the cards yourself.

And Cassie....ah...what a sweetie! I could almost say you must be making it up that she has crazy periods. Almost since I know what life is like with a cat. :-)

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi