Thursday, July 7, 2011

Singing the Blues

My card making has been put aside for a while so I can work on some cross stitch.  I love settling down on the couch in the evenings, finding an old movie or TV show to instantly stream via Netflix, and pulling out my stitching.  Although I had intended to sit on the front porch to stitch this summer, it has been too warm for me to do so comfortably, especially since the porch faces west and gets the intense afternoon and evening sun, so I instead sit in the air conditioned living room. 

I completed Singing the Blues by Little House Needleworks a while ago.  Or, I should say, I almost completed it.  I started to stitch the border, and as I got to the bottom left, I realized my count was off.  I fail to understand how I could have made two mistakes that canceled each other out, especially since I was carefully moving a Post-It Note from line to line as I stitched.  I am not sure what to do.  Should I frog the border and leave it off completely?  Should I somehow adjust the border to make it fit?  I do like the design - that zigzag seems to make the entire design pop.  So perhaps I just answered my own question.  I will have to contemplate the matter further.




I stitched this on 28 count "Mushroom" Monaco evenweave using the recommended Crescent Colors threads.  The Tartan color (blue) is one of the most variegated I have worked with, and I loved the effect.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How pretty it turned out!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi