Monday, June 4, 2012

Card for a Friend

I heart Pinterest.

I have had a lot of fun looking on various websites for card ideas.  Sometimes, when I follow a link, I'll end up exploring most of a blog and pinning multiple images.  This was the case with Poppy Paperie, where I found the original idea for this card, which I made for a friend who recently had surgery.





Here is the complicated recipe:

~ Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles
~ Spellbinders Rectangles Small

~ Cuttlebug embossing folder:  Swiss Dots

~ Verve stamps (verse)
~ Stem Silhouettes by Stampin' Up!
~ Oh, So Lovely by Stampin' Up!

~ Marvy LePlume II Markers:  #11 - Lt. Green, #17 - Steel Blue, #10 - Light Blue
~ Lightening Blue ink pad by Brilliance
~ Bamboo Leaves ink pad by Memento

~ Corner Rounder
~ Buttons
~ Glue Dots
~ Fibers

I was inspired by this video:



1 comment:

LeeAnn from NC said...

Pretty card, Ginny ! I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for posting the video. I've seen the technique before. They called it generational stamping. I love the way it worked in this video with the trees, making it look like a forest with depth. Really interesting technique and makes pretty cards.