Monday, October 8, 2012

Anniversary Card

My parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary back in August.  This beautiful card - which I pinned to my Pinterest Cards & Paper Crafts board - was my inspiration.




Please take the time to enlarge the photos so you can see the detail of the white pieces across the center.

Those white pieces were cut and then pierced with Spellbinders Pierceabilities 5-1/2" Fancy Scalloped Border, which I cut in half and spread apart.  In the space between the pieces I placed my sentiment.  "Happiness Always" is from the Whimsical Words set by Stampin Up!, which I stamped using a VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria ink pad.  I cut it out using Spellbinders Standard Circles Small and while the die was still in place, I sponged VersaMagic Sahara Sand over the sentiment.  I then adhered it to Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small, and placed the entire piece inside Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two.  The flowers and leaves were made from Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms.  So cute!  And fun to make.  The pearls are by Recollections and available at Michael's.

This is probably one of the most elaborate cards I have made.  The pieces sat on my desk for many weeks while I worked to bring everything together, and in the end, I was totally pleased with the card.

1 comment:

LeeAnn from NC said...

30 genodyiGnny, Your card for your parents is beautiful ! Congratulations to them on their many years together.