Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday Card

My daughter, Grace, celebrated her 23rd birthday at the end of June.  Her husband suggested I make a feminine card instead of one with monkeys on it as I was thinking of doing.

My card combines several different ideas.  This one is the basic idea, while this one at Splitcoaststampers.com inspired the rest of the front.


To figure out how to make the card base, I watched the excellent video by Becca Feeken on YouTube.

My card base was made using Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight.  The next layer I cut with Spellbinders Labels Eight, then embossed the oval on the top with Designer Frames by Sizzix for Stampin' Up!  Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped my words in the oval.  (The stamp is from the set Salutations by Anna Griffin, and the ink is Violet pigment ink by Color Box.)  Finally, I ran just the bottom of the panel through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The ribbon was a last minute addition.

It was fun to learn a new technique, one I know I will continue to use often. 

No comments: