Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Cross Stitch Charts

On Monday, dd Sarah and I went on a shopping spree and had a great time! The first place we went was Golden Thread Needlearts in nearby East Rochester. I picked up enough cross stitch charts to keep me busy for a while - through the winter, I hope.














I've also downloaded many free designs from the Internet. What do I plan to do with all these designs? I've become interested in pinkeeps and would like to give them a try; thus most of the designs in the charts I picked up are small and hopefully quick to stitch.

Sarah and I stopped at A. C. Moore, where I picked out some perle cotton for my latest smocking project: a pinafore for my niece Jamie Rae. And lastly, we went to JoAnn's to get fabrics for some of the projects in Sew Pretty Homestyle. My parents gave me a gift card for my birthday, so I took advantage of the 45" home dec fabrics being on sale.
I also saw this book and one of the crocheted shawls in it caught my fancy, so I purchased a lovely Navy yarn (Lion Brand Jiffy) with which to make it. In several hours, I used one 3-ounce skein, so I believe the shawl will work up quickly. I plan to keep it for myself, despite the purpose of the book.

Alas, most of these projects must wait until Christmas gifts are completed. That's great incentive! Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

J-ME said...

It looks like you will be busy this winter, Ginny. The shawl on the cover of the book you bought is so pretty.