Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sew Pretty Homestyle

This lovely book by Tone Finnanger was in my mailbox yesterday. Such beautiful fabrics for wonderful projects! I'm not sure any of the fabrics in my stash are appropriate, so I'll be looking for some, probably on the Internet.

The only thing I don't like about the book is that American equivalents to some of the materials aren't listed. Can anyone tell me what these are?

- High-volume vliselin
- Vliselin
- Thick fibre felt (1-1/2" or 3/4" thick)
- Vlisofix

From the descriptions in the book, I think they are various types of interfacing and fusible web, but I'm not sure. Perhaps as I delv into the projects, it'll make more sense.

2 comments:

this said...

Oooh I love new books. I went through a cross-stitch phase and have hand tatted lace, but my quilting and sewing attempts have been dismal. That's not to say that I'm not inspired by crafty blogs and occasionally I log into yarnstorm.

angie.a said...

Yup, vliselin is interfacing...vliseofix is "wonder under"....Not sure about fibre felt, but I bet you can figure it out by the project. If I had to guess, I'd say batting or pellon or something. It's a darling book, isn't it?? Mine came this week!