Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Project Updates & Prize Won

Still trying to play catch up around here after Phil's surgery last week. I got a bit of stitching done last night while watching some shows we'd recorded. Then today I got the camera to take some pictures.

First is a finish that took me about three weeks! I wanted to try a modified (read, "Ginny style") mattress pincushion finish. I think this design was a kit I picked up at my LNS. Instead of using needlework fabric for the sides and back, I chose a trim that picked up the color of the snowman's scarf, and a solid for the back. I'm not totally happy with the project, but it was an interesting experience. I would definitely try it again, using the more traditional way of doing this type of finish.

I pulled these three designs out of my "finished" stack of projects and am trying to decide how to finish them. This first one is supposed to go in my kitchen, which I've tried to do in an herb theme. The design came from Cross Country Stitching, and is stitched with DMC Floss on what appears to be 14 count Aida.
This next design is, I believe, from an old Leisure Arts magazine. It is stitched on white, 14 count Aida. What drew me to the design was the blue and white. I am thinking this would look nice in the master bedroom, perhaps as a tuck pillow? Or maybe a pillow like this.
This last one was a kit from my LNS. It's not a cross stitch. The thread used for the cat looks like wool, but I'm not sure what the others are. This might make a cute pinkeep or tuck pillow.
Monique, at Inside Number Twenty, celebrated the third anniversary of her design business, My Mark Designs with a giveaway. I was one of three winners! Here's what she sent me:


Some of Monique's original designs:
The craft organizer (perfect for my purse or tote bag):
I've never used Needlework Finishing Forms before. Looks like a big button cover! I will have to find the perfect project for these.

2 comments:

Chiloe said...

Hope your husband will feel better soon ...

Michelle said...

Ginny,
I'm so glad the surgery went well and I hop Phil feels better with each day.

I love all your stitching pictures..especially the all blue one! I look forward to seeing your Blackbird picture..I have that same pattern in my "to do" pile.

I keep you in my prayers..

Michelle