Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008 Memories, Part One

The memories we make each day are so precious to our family. I try to remember to pull out the camera to capture those I can on film, and then blog about them so I can share them with my family and you, my blogging friends. This will be the first in a series of posts about our Christmas memories from this year.

There were several baking sessions this year. Sarah made Chex Mix, as she has for several years.
Yum! Phil and I found garlic and whole wheat bagel chips (these are hard to come by); they turned out to be good choices.

Sarah made the most delicious cookies, filled with strawberry jam.
While we were cleaning out the freezer, we found several bags of sweet bread, which had already been sliced. We ate some, but turned most of the rest into bread pudding.
I don't have pictures of the other cookies we made. Phil helped me with Peanut Blossoms and Keebler N0-Bake Cookies. The Keebler cookies are a recipe from my grandmother. They didn't turn out as well as we'd hoped - the layers wouldn't stay together - but they are delicious. We also baked up some cookie dough that we got from a fundraiser, and some sugar cookies. I'd still like to make Cherry Delights (a plain dough that you roll into balls, then into beaten egg white and nuts; when they come out of the oven, you press a marischino cherry half into them) and Toffee Cookies (another recipe from Grandma.) Maybe Monday.

Happy eating!

No comments: