Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Squared Progress

I've spent part of about three evenings working on Fall Squared and have nearly completed it.  I wanted a quick stitch, and I got it! Some of you would probably have finished this in one evening, but I suspect your eyes are younger and better than mine.

The pumpkin on the left has to come out as I miscounted, and if you look closely, you can see where I removed a leaf in the upper right of that same pumpkin.  Then I'll be done!  I'm not yet certain how to finish it, although I'm thinking about a pinkeep.  My favorite site for finishing techniques is Focus on Finishing.

I ended up changing four of the DMC colors in the design.  One I didn't have, two I just didn't like, and the fourth was because the original didn't show up on the fabric.  I wish I could have used the Weeks threads called for, but not only did I not have most of them, but buying supplies isn't in the budget right now.  I'm pleased with the (almost) finished design!


No comments: