Friday, October 2, 2009

Wedding Sampler

The mystery sampler I've been working on is I Am My Beloved's by Janlynn.  Anthony and Grace chose this design from many I showed them.  They liked the beautiful Scripture verse from Song of Solomon 6:3, which is repeated along the outside of the design, as well as written in Hebrew in the middle. 

The stitching on this design is intense:  nearly every square is stitched.  I am not at all pleased with the thread in the kit; it seems cheap, frays easily, and is thin.  I should have gone with my instinct to substitute DMC floss!  I have started using thread conditioner, and it seems to be helping.  The fabric is an 18-count Aida.  That is abating with time as the fabric gets scrunched.  I decided to use my scroll frame (the particular one I have fits into the groove in my lap stand), which leaves both my hands free.

Here are some shots of my progress: 
 
  

My stitching friend said I ought to tell Grace and Anthony that they cannot get married until I finish their sampler.  Somehow, I don't think they would like that . . . 


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow ~ that sampler is beautiful and such a lovely gift..

Michelle

Lula said...

its looking beautiful Ginny

J-ME said...

beautiful!!!!