Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Autumn Towels

The embroidery function on my sewing machine has long sat unused as I have grown frustrated and despondent over the fact that I will never be able to sew a design bigger than 100 mm x 100 mm, or 170 mm x 100 mm.  (Viking chose to abandon my machine when they came out with their Designer series, never improving the technology.)  Then when I bought my laptop earlier this year, I discovered that the chances of my 3D Embroidery Software working on its Windows 7 operating system were slim, so while I could still use it on my desktop computer system - which runs Windows XP - for however long that computer remains operational, I would eventually be faced with the task of finding new software, and hoping I had the money to purchase it when the time comes.  (I had the software installed on my old laptop, too, which enabled me to unzip, view, and organize designs when I didn't want to be chained to my desk.)  And I forgot to mention that it is getting more and more difficult to find designs that will work on my machine, since that size is becoming obsolete as more and more designers are designing for the 5" x 7" hoop and larger.

So that's my story.  Only it doesn't end there.  I finally decided that I should just snap out of it and work with what I have for as long as I can.

One thing I like to do in my powder room is place a fingertip towel (12" x 18") on top of the hand towel (16" x 26"), even if I end up adjusting it every time I go into the bathroom.  <grin>  Although I had many FTTs for spring, summer, and Christmas, as well as a few for winter, I had nothing for autumn.  And since I thought I might make a simple autumn wall hanging, looking through designs for both at the same time made sense.  Here's what I came up with:






I'd still like to make that wall hanging even though I'll have to put it away for NEXT autumn.  After all, the designs are already on the embroidery card and it seems like too much work to erase them!

2 comments:

LeeAnn from NC said...

Ginny, Sorry about your machine woes, but love your towels. It's the little touches (like that) that make a house a home.

Susan in SC said...

Ah, don't you love technology! I love your fingertip towels! So cute!