Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Infinity Scarf - Cowl Length

There was a time when I never missed an episode of Sewing with Nancy, but as the show evolved, there were more and more episodes on quilting, and since I'm not a quilter, I wasn't interested.  Recently, however, I learned through Nancy's blog that you can watch episodes online, so I have been doing exactly that.  The two entitled Sensational Scarves made me want to start wearing scarves again, so I ordered the booklet and DVD.  Last week, I found a knit fabric at JoAnn Fabrics from which to make the Infinity Scarf.  I chose this version because I don't like things tight around my neck (like turtleneck shirts). 


This fabric was the only one I found that was suitable for a scarf and which I liked. 

I will probably try making several more of these from silky fabrics.  Each scarf requires just a 24" x 30" rectangle, so I'm sure I can find something in my stash.

If you'd like to view the two episodes of Sensational Scarves, you can find them here and here.  They are a year old, so I'm not sure how much longer they will be available online.  You can also purchase the booklet and DVD from Nancy's Notions by clicking here.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think my mother mentioned watching this show. Is it on PBS? Your scarf is beautiful. I wish I had known you do not like things around your neck when I made your scarf as I would have made a loose cowl. But then again...if it is really cold, I assume you use them then for keeping you warm?

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi