Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another Birthday Card

This birthday card is more complicated than the card I showed in my last post.  Ready?


First, my inspiration was this card.  (To see more of the kinds of cards which inspire me, start here on Pinterest.)


I started by stamping the squares with images from Inkadinkado's Flourishes clear stamp set.  This is an awesome set; I had trouble choosing which stamps to use!  After mounting the designs, which I cut out by hand, on blue cardstock, I evenly spaced them on a piece of yellow cardstock.  I cut the lace-edged border on the bottom of a piece of white cardstock using my Silhouette Portrait.  It was a free design I found on the Internet. 


The Happy Birthday stamp is from Verve, and I stamped it with Memento Bahama Blue ink, which matched the cardstock I used for the background of the card.  I mounted the sentiment on yellow cardstock which I cut with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles.  Most of the rectangle is covered by the sentiment, so all you see is the edge, which is a nice effect.

I embossed the blue background with the Cuttlebug folder Wicker Weave.  I really like that folder!  The ribbon is actually two - a piece of white underneath a sheer polka dot one.  Oh, and to finish it off, I affixed the blue rhinestones because I thought the card needed a bit of bling.

I am pleased to say that the recipient loved the card.


1 comment:

annelize said...

That's a lovely card! The colours you've chosen look great and the bling is the perfect finishing touch. I'm not surprised the recipient was pleased.

The striped card in your previous post was also very chic and the strong colours you chose worked well with the embossing.

My best friend recently bought a Spellbinders machine so I'm looking forward to my next birthday card to see what she comes up with. She normally makes me a card with a panda theme but this year could be different!